– The Unit Titles Act 2010 (replacing the Unit Titles Act 1972) came into force on the 20th of June 2011:
- Legislation – Unit Titles Act 2010 (Reprint 16 May 2020)
- Legislation – Unit Titles Regulations 2011
- Legislation – Unit Titles Regulations “Body Corporate Operational Rules”
The purpose of this Act is to provide a legal framework for the ownership and management of land and associated buildings and facilities on a socially and economically sustainable basis by communities of individual owners.
– The Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment (MBIE) has created a “Unit Titles and Body Corporate” web site with general information and templates on the new Unit Titles Act 2010 at:
– Other MBIE sites:
– Many Websites offer advice when considering buying an apartment. To find these simply Google ‘buying an apartment’.
Health & Safety:
– Work Safe have several areas on their web site to assist people to understand their duties and responsibilities.
– The new Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and 2016 Regulations can be viewed at:
- Health & Safety at Work Act 2015
- Health and Safety at Work (General Risk and Workplace Management) Regulations 2016 / 16
- Health & Safety at Work (Asbestos) Regulations 2016
– Healthy Homes:
- Healthy Homes Guarantee Act 2017
- Healthy Homes Standards – Fact Sheet
- Healthy Homes Standards – Common Questions and Answers
– Claim forms:
Other useful links: